Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Autumn Tale




Aka: Autumn in My Heart , A Tale of Autumn

2000

16 episodes

Kdrama

Starring:

Song Seung Hun >>> Yun Joon-suh
Song Hye Kyo >>> Yun/Choi Eun-suh
Won Bin >>> Han Tae-suhk
Han Na Na >>> Shin Yu-mi
Han Chae Young >>> Choi/Yun Shin-ae
Choi Woo Hyuk >>> jeune Joon-suh
Moon Geun Young >>> jeune Eun-suh
Lee Ae Jung >>> jeune Shin-ae



The story:

Joon-Suh and Eun-suh always thought they were brother and sister but eventually the truth comes out: Eau-suh isn't really part of this family. There was a mistake at the hospital where she was born and two babies were mixed up.


Review:

"Autumn Tale" is "The drama starting well but…."

Let's not focus on the obvious lack of talent of the two main actors, in the beginning of the drama. "Autumn Tale" seemed to start well. Well…the main female character always had the same expression, and the main male character just made you feel like slapping him in the face, but the actors would soon change (after the characters grew up)… so I thought it would be okay.

The story seemed interesting too. It was about serious but interesting subjects such as education, the meaning of family and what really is a parent/child relation. The direction and music weren't perfect, but they were good enough and the characters could almost be nice. (Almost)

Seemed so nice… but it just was soooo slow!

I heard I should cry while watching it! Ah, I really understood I should have! The director really insists on it! First, the characters are always crying. And I'm not exaggerating! I'm just very amazed…how can they cry all the time like that and not die from lack of water? Cause, see, incest and family destruction, that wasn't enough! It had to be much more dramatic than that! So they just added the "mortal and incurable disease" factor (that is sooo –not-original). That way, it's very clear that you HAVE to cry!

Well, I didn't. I'm a very sensitive person and I usually cry very easily, but I didn't cry: I was just too bored. The only reason I watched the drama until the end is that I had to do something while waiting for the dl of the next "Liar Game" episode to be complete. Really… I feel like I lost precious hours of my life!

Well …that's just how I feel but …don't watch it!


Download the drama with english subitles >>> here
Watch the drama with english subtitles >>> here

1 comment:

Milady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.